Title: City Fresh Driver (Monday, Friday)
Classification: Part-time, contract
Supervisor: City Fresh Program Coordinator
Start Date: 1 June 2022
Location: Oberlin, Ohio
About City Fresh
City Fresh creates and promotes a more healthy, vibrant, and equitable local foods system. Our hub of operations and educational center is the George Jones Memorial Farm and Nature Preserve (GJF) in Oberlin. Located just one mile east from Oberlin College campus, the GJF is an innovative educational site with an abundance of resources for students and the greater community. Named after beloved Oberlin College botanist George Jones, the farm is a haven for native plants, animals, and fungi. With a focus on restoration agriculture, techniques used here help build soil and create healthier, more nutritious crops.
- Drive, operate, and perform basic maintenance of the City Fresh truck.
- Coordinate truck repairs and specialized maintenance when needed.
- Maintain mileage and expense logs.
- Sort produce and reorganize the truck for efficient produce distribution to Fresh Stops.
- Deliver produce to Fresh Stop locations, assist with unloading, counting, sorting, and set up of Fresh Stops.
- Keep the City Fresh truck clean and sanitary
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a valid Ohio Driver’s License with a clean driving record. A Commercial Drivers License is NOT required.
- Must be physically fit and able to repeatedly lift loads of up to 75 lbs.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
City Fresh is committed to being an equitable employer and a diverse, affirming organization. We do not tolerate discrimination, including with regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, religion, age, ability, sexual orientation, family status, or criminal history. We encourage employment applications and program participation from all qualified individuals including people with criminal histories, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and people in the LGBTQIA community.
To apply, send a brief resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until positions are filled.