Volunteer at Cleveland Heights Stop
- Tell us a bit about yourself. I am a data designer from Berlin, Germany and this is my first time in Cleveland. In fact, I have only been in the city for a few weeks. I am here for the Creative Fusion artist residency program run by the Cleveland Foundation.
- What do you do with City Fresh? I discovered City Fresh a few weeks ago, when I realized that access to fresh produce in my neighbourhood was quite limited. I am interested in learning more about how community-organized projects such as city fresh can help to guarantee access to fresh and healthy food for everyone, especially for marginalized groups. Plus I just bought my first share of produce the other week and it was delicious 😉
- How long have you been a volunteer? For about a week 😉
- What keeps you coming back to City Fresh? The nice and relaxed atmosphere and the interesting conversations with different people. It’s like hanging out with friends and learning about vegetables.
- What’s your favorite vegetable? Red pepper