Schedule: 30-35 hours weekly Tuesday thru Friday. This is a seasonal job.
Start Date: June 1 End Date: November 20
City Fresh is a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program of the New Agrarian Center. Since 2005, City Fresh has delivered weekly shares of produce to families in Cleveland and throughout northeast Ohio. Our nonprofit program is a direct response to the lack of available fresh and local produce in urban and peri-urban neighborhoods. We work with more than 20 small farmers within 70 miles of downtown Cleveland and deliver produce weekly to more than 600 shareholders in Cuyahoga and Lorain counties during our 20 week season. We are dedicated to our social justice mission and our support of small, sustainable, local farmers. We are currently the only CSA to have a limited income share option for qualifying participants, the only to accept the Ohio Direction Card, and the only to offer week-to-week purchasing.
The New Agrarian Center is committed to being an equitable employer and a diverse, affirming organization. We do not tolerate discrimination, including with regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, religion, age, ability, sexual orientation, family status, or criminal history.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including people with criminal histories, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community.
Reports to: City Fresh Coordinator
- Drive, operate, and perform basic maintenance of the City Fresh truck.
- Coordinate truck repairs and specialized maintenance when needed.
- Maintain mileage and expense logs.
- Sort produce and reorganize the truck for efficient produce distribution to Fresh Stops.
- Deliver produce to Fresh Stop locations, assist with unloading, counting, sorting, set up of Fresh Stops and distribution of shares.
- Keep the City Fresh truck clean and sanitary.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a valid Ohio Driver’s License with a clean driving record. A Commercial Drivers License is NOT required.
- Must be physically fit and able to repeatedly lift loads of up to 75 lbs.
- Understanding of diesel engine mechanics and proper vehicle maintenance
- Basic computer skills (particularly Microsoft Excel)
How to Apply:
Submit a letter of application, current resume, and the names, phone numbers, and your relationships to three references. We do call references. Application materials and questions can be emailed to email@example.com
Consideration of applications will begin on May 17, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.