City Fresh Program Coordinator
Hours: 40/wk April-December 2021
Supervised by: Executive Director
Supervises: Farmer Liaison, Volunteers
About City Fresh: City Fresh is a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program connecting small area farmers to eaters in urban and rural food deserts and beyond. Since 2005, City Fresh has delivered weekly shares of produce to shareholders in Cuyahoga and Lorain counties during our 20 week season. We work to promote a healthier, more sustainable, and more equitable food system in Northeast Ohio. We are currently the only CSA to have a limited income share option for qualifying participants, the only to accept the Ohio Direction Card, and the only to offer week-to-week purchasing.
The New Agrarian Center is committed to being an equitable employer and a diverse, affirming organization. We do not tolerate discrimination, including with regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, religion, age, ability, sexual orientation, family status, or criminal history. We encourage employment applications and program participation from all qualified individuals including people with criminal histories, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and people in the LGBTQIA community.
The City Fresh Coordinator will be the main point of contact for our 1500 CSA customers, 75 volunteers, and 15 pick up locations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to regularly work flexible hours
- Reliable transportation
- Database management experience
- Experience managing large teams, volunteer management a plus
- A customer-focused outlook
- Ability to effectively manage time and rapidly assess organizational priorities
- Marketing experience, including a working knowledge of social media
- Familiarity with CSAs, local foods, seasonal eating
- Volunteer coordination, training, and oversight
- Community outreach
- Marketing, including digital and social media
- Ensure reliability of produce delivery
- Consistent collaboration with Executive Director and Farmer Liaison
TO APPLY: Please send a simple resume, a letter of interest including what experience you bring to the position, and a list of 3 relevant work references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Monday, March 15, 2021.