Volunteer at Cleveland Heights Stop
- Tell us a bit about yourself. I am an Intervention Specialist for the Westlake City Schools. I work with third and fourth graders. I have worked in Westlake for 20 years. I moved to Cleveland Heights about 13 years ago and found City Fresh.
- What do you do with City Fresh? I help run the stop at Coventry Library on Tuesdays. Usually I can be found sitting at the table checking people in and ordering their shares.
- How long have you been a volunteer? 10 years
- What keeps you coming back to City Fresh? It’s my veggie family. There is an amazing sense of community among the volunteers and the shareholders. We look forward to seeing people come each week and checking up on them. It is great watching the children of City Fresh grow up. This goes for both our shareholders’ children and our volunteers’ children. There is also the obvious, the veggies are amazing! Things don’t taste as good when they come from the grocery store. The freshness really makes a difference.
- What’s your favorite vegetable? I don’t know if I can just pick one. I love the beets and the delicata squash.
- Got a recipe to share? I think Ratatouille is my favorite. You can use all the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, eggplant, and squash in one great big mess of deliciousness.