CITY FRESH COMMUNITY COORDINATOR
Organization Overview and History:
City Fresh is a program of the New Agrarian Center (NAC), a 501(c)3 organization founded in 2001 to create and promote a more local, just, and sustainable food system in North East Ohio. City Fresh is a unique CSA that builds a bridge between social justice and the local food movement. The focus is to provide access to organic, nutrient-dense fresh fruits and vegetables regardless of income. Each year, City Fresh delivers more than 10,000 share baskets of produce to 16 or more weekly markets each year.
City Fresh is searching for an outgoing, relationship-focused individual who is passionate about our mission and has a strong desire to make North East Ohio a better place.
The New Agrarian Center is committed to being an equitable employer and a diverse, affirming organization. We do not tolerate discrimination, including with regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, religion, age, ability, sexual orientation, family status, or criminal history.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including people with criminal histories, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and people in the LGBTQIA community.
Major Role and Responsibilities:
This position is managed by the Director of City Fresh.
- Identify marketing opportunities, including literature distribution locations, tabling events, print and online media outlets, and speaking opportunities. Assist with the creation, sorting, folding, packaging of printed materials and lead the effort to distribute these materials across the region.
- Schedule and promote volunteer recruitment events and assist Director of City Fresh in developing new volunteers.
- Assist with Fresh Stop support activities on days of markets, including delivery of produce and supplies to smaller Fresh Stops, managing Fresh Stops on a temporary basis to give volunteers time off, assisting with end-of-market cash-out handling, and making volunteers feel supported and appreciated.
- Assist with documenting and photographing Fresh Stop activities and the work of City Fresh. Utilize these to celebrate the work of the volunteers, shareholders and organization.
- Coordinate events and additional vendors at Fresh Stop markets such as live music, cooking demonstrations, health screenings, and games. Assist in developing new ideas for making Fresh Stops more engaging for our customers.
- Assist Executive Director in guiding participants in the Student Ambassador Program through their work at the Fresh Stops one day each week during the summer.
- Take an active/lead role in Social Media updates, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
Who We are Looking For
- We need candidates who are positive, upbeat, friendly, creative and fun. If you are not a people-person, this is not a good fit for you.
- Solid core computer skills. Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, and WordPress is a plus. Extra plus if you’ve had experience working with video editing and publishing software.
- Clear writing skills
- Experience, talent, or strong interest in developing public-speaking skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and occasional weekends.
- Reliable personal transportation.
This position is a full-time seasonal post and will run from April through November. Highly successful candidates will have an opportunity to make this position into a permanent, year-round post.
Application Deadline: March 21, 2018
Position Begins: April 2, 2018
How to Apply
If you feel you will make an excellent addition to our team and thrive in this kind of community-focused role, please call (440) 574-0486 and follow the instructions provided.